Best Australian Gambling Sites
About Our Recommended Australian Online Gambling Sites
Best Australian Gambling Sites Online gambling in Australia can be complicated. There are plenty of legitimate sites that offer safe, real money gambling online. But some sites try to rip off customers because they know the Australian Communications and Media Authority won’t do anything.
We have researched to find safe and legitimate Australian gambling sites for you. All of our recommended sites offer fair games, payout on time, and protect your information.
If you are wise, you probably wonder why you should trust our recommendations. That is why we will start by explaining our process for finding the top Australian gambling sites and the standards we use to identify them.
Our Review Process
Every single online gambling site we recommend goes through a rigorous review process. The following is a brief overview of what we look for and test.
- License – We check for a valid online gambling license and consider the licensing authority that issued it.
- Terms and Conditions – We comb the fine print to ensure the gambling site’s rules are reasonable. This includes bonus terms, banking limits, gambling limits, and more.
- Banking Options – We look for a variety of convenient banking options, reasonable limits, and fees. Payout time is one of the most critical factors that we consider.
- Promotions – Valuable bonus offers is another feature we look for. We expect multiple promotions that work for different types of gamblers, and reasonable rollover requirements.
- Games and Betting Options – We go through each site to see how large their game, variant, and betting selection is. Our reviews include what you can play, how much you can play for, and the software providers the site uses.
- Compatibility – Our review process includes testing the online gambling site on multiple devices. We look for which games and betting options are available and how well they work on each device.
- Reputation – Last but not least, we check the reputation of every site. The most important thing we look for is complaints from real customers about their experience. We won’t recommend a gambling site with a bad reputation.
These are just a few examples of the factors we consider when reviewing sites. The bottom line is that you can trust our recommendations because we only recommend sites we are willing to use ourselves. Check out our reviews page for more information.
Awarding Our Seal of Approval
One thing that makes our recommendations unique is that each one has our seal of approval. The GamblingSites.com Seal of Approval is our guarantee that every Australian gambling site we recommend is safe to join.
Safety and security are our number one priority. But there are also plenty of safe online gambling sites in Australia that we don’t recommend. That is because we only give our seal of approval to the best of the best.
We deliberately choose only a few sites to recommend because we want you to know that our recommendations are always the best Australian gambling sites available.
Start Playing at Australia’s Best Gambling Sites
Gambling online is different from gambling in a brick-and-mortar casino. Fortunately, Australian gambling sites make it easy to get started. Here is an overview of how to get started and a few additional resources that are perfect for people who are new to online gambling.
Step1、Choose a Site to Join
Choosing a site to join can be a struggle because there are so many options to choose from. We recommend narrowing down your options based on the types of gambling you are interested in. You can look for an all-in-one site or focus on casinos, sports betting, or poker. Our top-rated gambling sites for Australians are the perfect place to start.
Step2、Create Your Account
This should be straightforward. Find the “join” or “sign up” link, then fill out your name, email, address, phone number, and password information. You may need to verify your information by submitting copies of documents or clicking an authentication link in your email.
Step3、Claim a Bonus
Welcome bonuses are only available on your first deposit, so you want to claim it before you lose the opportunity. Most sites use bonus codes or drop-down menus that make it easy to claim your bonus from the deposit screen. Make sure you understand the terms and conditions for online gambling bonuses, including the wagering requirement.
Step4、Make a Deposit
Your next step is to make your first deposit by clicking the cashier button. The best Australian gambling sites accept deposits with credit cards, cryptocurrencies, e-wallets, and more banking methods. Each banking method will have different deposit limits. As soon as you have submitted your deposit, the money will be available in your account.
Once your money is in your account, you are ready to start gambling! We recommend browsing the site to determine which casino games or sports wagers appeal to you. Here are some resources that can help you find the best options if you are new to online gambling.
Remember that your account will work on multiple devices. You can visit the site from any mobile internet browser or download gambling apps for specific sites.
And that’s all you need to know to start gambling online in Australia. This guide covered the basics, but we also have tons of beginner’s guides if you need more advice.
Play Pokies on Australian Online Gambling Sites
Pokies, or electronic poker machines, are some of the most popular games on gambling sites in Australia. That is why some casinos have thousands of options available.
You can enjoy all different types of online pokies on Australian gambling sites. Five-reel games are the most common, but some pokies have three or six reels. Online pokies also include several bonus features, like multipliers, expanding wilds, cascading reels, progressive jackpots and more. Here are a few of our favorite online pokies.
- Aloha King Elvis – This game from BGaming includes a frog that impersonates Elvis, a unique Hawaiian theme, and coin respin features.
- Wild Drops- Wild Drops is a Betsoft game with incredible 3D graphics, stacked wilds, and special gem bonuses.
- Foxin Wins- NextGen Gaming created this popular five-reel slot based on a fox trying to catch a leprechaun. This game was so popular that it inspired several additional games, including Foxin Twins, Foxin Wins Again, and Foxin Wins Football Fever.
- Wolf Treasure- IGTech created this popular animal-themed slot with stacked wilds, blazing reels, and money re-spins.
- Geisha – The Geisha slot was developed by Australian game developer, Aristocrat. This game is based on a land-based slot, but the online version includes free spins features and multipliers.
These are just a few examples of the popular pokies you can play on gambling websites in Australia. There are thousands of games available from hundreds of software providers. You can learn more about online pokies, including additional game recommendations, on this page.
About Our Recommended Australian Online Gambling Sites
There are many benefits to gambling online in Australia.
- It’s cheaper to gamble online. For example, you can play blackjack for $1, roulette for $0.50, and Texas Hold’em for $0.01/$0.02 per hand.
- Online gambling is convenient. You don’t have to leave your house, deal with traffic, or take time off work when you can gamble from home instead.
- Online gambling sites offer more promotions than brick-and-mortar casinos do.
One of our favorite benefits is to combine online and offline gambling. This is a huge benefit for Australian gamblers.
For example, you can bet on horse racing online and then watch the race live in person. Or you can use online poker satellites to join in-person tournaments, like the Aussie Millions or the Crown Poker Championship at Crown Casino.
These are just a few of the many reasons why Australians should consider gambling online. There are too many benefits to ignore. Just remember, though, that you need to use the best Australian gambling sites to take full advantage of these benefits.
Online Gambling Laws and Regulations in Australia
Is online gambling legal in Australia? That is one of the most common questions people ask. Unfortunately, it has a complex answer. We will briefly explain here, but we also have a whole page dedicated to Australia’s online gambling laws.
Australia has two laws that pertain to online gambling: The Interactive Gambling Act of 2001 and the Interactive Gambling Bill of 2016.
Essentially, the first act wasn’t effective, so politicians passed the 2016 bill to address its loopholes. Many gambling site operators stopped offering services in Australia after the bill got approved in March 2017.
It is crucial to understand that these laws only apply to Australian companies that operate online gambling sites.
Nothing in these laws incriminates players, and no one has ever faced criminal charges for participating in online gambling. The sites we recommend are safe and legitimate gambling sites operated by companies in other jurisdictions.
So, as long as you use one of our recommended online gambling sites for Australians, you can gamble online without worrying.
Australia Online Gambling FAQs：
No. The government views gambling as a form of entertainment and that gamblers win with luck, so they don’t consider winnings as taxable. It’s worth talking to an accountant or qualified tax advisor if you have significant winnings, though.
Australians lose more than $24 BILLION every year gambling, so at least that much. Odds are that it’s much higher than this because sometimes you’ll win and just continue playing (i.e. spending money).
Yes. There are at least a dozen casinos located throughout Australia’s territories. The Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex is the biggest. They receive nearly 11 million visitors every year.
It depends on the site you join, but you can expect to find the following offers.
- Deposit and reload bonuses. The gambling site will match a percentage of your deposit and give it to you as a bonus to play with.
- Rebates. You’ll receive a percentage of your net losses paid back to you.
- Free bets. Make a bet and, if it loses, the site will reimburse you.
- Free spins. Get free spins to use on your favorite pokies machine.
- Loyalty program. Receive perks such as bonuses, free spins, gifts, and more as you spend money with each site you join.
Yes. Every online gambling site we recommend nowadays has a mobile friendly website OR a mobile app that you can download. Our reviews will tell you specifically what each gambling site has for mobile users.
Because of the laws for online gambling in Australia, you always have to use betting sites that companies in other countries own. UK betting sites are some of the most popular options.
You can use UK betting sites to gamble online in Australia, but some sites have specific restrictions. For example, William Hill and Ladbrokes both allow players from Australia, but you must create an Australian account with your permanent address.
Australia does not have any laws that prevent players from using gambling websites in Australia. The country’s gambling laws focus on the site operators instead of individual players.
Yes! Australians spend more than A$20 billion on gambling annually, and the Australasian Gaming Council estimates that the average Australian adult spends approximately A$1,172 on gambling each year. The country also had the most significant gambling losses per adult in 2017, with an average loss of $958 per adult.
If you are lucky enough to win, whatever you do with your winnings is up to you. So, yes, you could potentially use gambling winnings to buy a home in Australia, assuming you won a large jackpot or won significant amounts over time. In fact, 54% of lottery winners in Australia paid off their mortgages, while another 20% bought new houses.
Gambling winnings are not taxed in Australia, so you can keep all of your winnings for yourself. However, you should be aware that mortgage lenders may not approve your loan if they see gambling activities on your statements.
When you use Australian online gaming sites, you can gamble any time you want to, including Christmas Day. However, this is a common question because land-based casinos and pokies parlors are required to close on Christmas Day, Good Friday, and Anzac Day in some Australian states. For example, Crown Casino Melbourne is always closed on Christmas.